Saturday, 11 February 2017

Review: Pilot Metropolitan Fountain Pen

It appears that my packages from TaoBao will only be arriving next week. This week has started productively (I studied a lot at Starbucks), and then by the end of the week, it faltered off. So today, I decided to put up a review of my Pilot Metropolitan FP instead. 

I got this pen with the TWSBI Clear, but I instantly take a dislike to the weight. It is made of metal, when I am used to the lightness of plastic FPs- both the Lamy and TWSBI are made of plastic. Additionally, the pens I prefer for my daily writing are usually slimmed not so bulky. 


I got the F nib. I'm not sure if there is an EF nib. This pen came with its own converter, which I used for the first few times. The pen had leaking issues, which really really annoys me. Between the weight and the leaking, I don't use this pen much at all. 


So, I wrote on the Stalogy paper as well, which uses Tomoe River paper like the hobonichi. As you can see from the above photo, you can see the ink at the back. 



Some closeups of the pen. I wanted to get the white ones, but the colours of the Metropolitan really aren't my taste. But I have read so many positive reviews about this pen that I wanted to give it a try. It was one of the pens that were highly recommended to beginners wanting to try out FPs.  However, I am very disappointed in it. 

Here's to hoping that my new orders will arrive next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment