Monday, 9 January 2017

First Week of 2017

How did the first week of 2017 went? 

The weather is turning warmer here. And my parents are actively engaging in spring cleaning. My curtains are washed today, and it's odd to sleep in a room without curtains. My curtains blocked out part of the sunlight, so I was able to sleep in till late afternoon without the light in my face. 

Anyway it had been a crazy week. When my head felt too full, I tend to plan more, schedule more. I feel like if I keep working, I'll feel better. And perhaps I will. 


Working on new socks. I'm excited about this new yarn. It's Stroll Handpainted in Northern Lights. It's turning out rather well. I want to knit a pair for the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup (HPKCHC). Yes, I'm participating in a group this year! It should be fun, right? 


Also working on some cupids. It is taking a rather long time, and I'm making these 5 at a go. I'm making these to sell, because I'm got too much yarn materials laying around in my house. I enjoy making shawls, but I can only wear or giveaway so many of them. So, perhaps selling will be the way to go. 


I miss hot chocolate from Starbucks. I drank them consecutively for three days in a row. It felt nice. 


Finished my first project of the year! Fibi the Fox, with pattern via Lalylala. Here's it on my Ravelry Page. I have to say, I'm not good with updating materials on my projects page online, because I keep a yarn/knitting/crochet project book. I used Schachenmayr Catania yarn and 2mm hook. It turned out much better than my first Lalylala Bina the Bear. 


I used Sachenmayr Catania Tomatoe, Creme and Fango (390, 130, 387) and a Moda Vera Mini for the scarf. I have to buy another Tomatoe yarn because I ran out halfway. 

Also, I sewn an arm in the wrong direction. 


I have to admit, I prefer knitting to crocheting. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment